Adobe Acrobat Reader is unfastened software program that permits you to view, print, and touch upon PDF documents. If you want to uninstall Adobe Reader out of your Mac for a few cause, you’re withinside the proper place. This article will offer an in depth manual of 3 approaches on the way to uninstall Adobe Reader out of your Mac absolutely.
How to manually uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Mac
To absolutely uninstall Adobe Reader out of your Mac, you’ll want to get rid of its executable document and all associated help documents, inclusive of caches, logs, preferences, and so on. We will provide an explanation for the way to discover Adobe Reader’s last documents.
Steps on the way to manually uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC:
- Quit Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Go to the Applications folder and get rid of the Adobe Reader utility into the Trash.casting off Adobe Acrobat reader from the Applications folder
- Go to the device Library folder to discover and get rid of Adobe Reader help documents. For this, In Finder press Command+Shift+G and type ~/Library withinside the seek field. Click on Go.Go to the Folder seek field
- Check the folders withinside the Library for the documents related to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (ARMDC).:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
- Also, visit the Library folder with out the tilde sign. Check those places for Adobe Reader help documents:
- /Library/Application Support
- /Library/Saved Application State
- Adobe Reader help documents in Finder
- Once you get rid of all Adobe Reader’s provider documents, empty the Trash. And voila! You’ve absolutely eliminated Adobe Acrobat Reader out of your Mac.
.Their quantity relies upon at the time period you’ve got got been the use of the utility, on its model, preferences, and on different parameters. To make certain you absolutely uninstalled Adobe Reader, you may test for its last documents with App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Before switching to the manual on the way to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, we need to proportion one greater manner on how you may discover programs’ help documents. You can do that with a unfastened device referred to as Funter. Funter is designed to discover hidden documents on Mac through only a document’s name.
Here is the way to use Funter to discover and get rid of Adobe Reader’s hidden documents:
- Launch Funter.
- Click on Funter’s icon withinside the computing device toolbar.
- In the hunt filed type “adobe” and press Enter.
- You will see the listing of all documents which have the word “adobe” of their names.
- Select Adobe Reader’s provider documents and get rid of them.
- Funter window displaying Adobe’s documents
Please, be cautious and get rid of simplest documents related to Adobe Acrobat Reader. Removing different critical provider documents would possibly harm your device and different programs. If you aren’t certain what documents are related to Adobe Acrobat Reader, use App Cleaner & Uninstaller for a secure removal.
How to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from Mac
If you operate the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you may uninstall it with its local uninstaller. Below, we are able to provide an explanation for wherein to discover the Adobe Pro DC uninstaller and the way to use it.
- Quit Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Go to the Applications folder, discover and run the Acrobat Uninstaller device.
- Select Adobe Acrobat and click on Open.
- Confirm uninstalling Acrobat DC through clicking OK.
- The Acrobat DC may be uninstalled out of your Mac.
If for a few cause you can not discover the Adobe Acrobat DC uninstaller on your Applications folder, otherwise you face any problem while the use of this device, use App Cleaner & Uninstaller from Nektony. This uninstaller can uninstall any utility from Mac absolutely and with only some clicks.
How to Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC with some clicks
You can use App Cleaner & Uninstaller for uninstalling programs from Mac. It reveals all the help documents of programs or even the last documents of formerly eliminated programs. You can use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to get rid of any model of Adobe Acrobat Reader absolutely.
Steps on the way to absolutely get rid of Adobe Acrobat with App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Select Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc withinside the listing of scanned apps.
- In the Expert mode, you may see the listing in their provider documents.
- Click the Remove button.
- Confirm the action.
App Cleaner Uninstaller displaying Adobe ReaderThat’s all. Please, don’t neglect about to drain your Trash, as, through default, App Cleaner & Uninstaller eliminates documents into the Trash.
Please note, when you have multiple Adobe utility like,Adobe Photoshop, those apps would possibly have shared help documents. App Cleaner & Uninstaller will now no longer get rid of the not unusualplace help documents, so the programs can preserve operating with out harming the opposite Adobe app. If you’ve got got simplest one Adobe utility, App Cleaner & Uninstaller will display all its provider documents for removal. Also, make certain that App Cleaner & Uninstaller searches for provider documents withinside the System folders. For this, visit the Preferences → General tab → permit the Display System Applications option.
App Cleaner Uninstaller Preferences
If your Adobe Reader has net plugins and, after the removal, it would display you a few notifications. To discover the net plugins, visit the Extensions tab → Internet Plugins. Select and get rid of the Adobe Reader plugin.
adobe reader plugin
If you’ve got got already eliminated Adobe Reader manually or with its local uninstaller, you may test your Mac for its last documents. For this, transfer to an appropriate segment from the sidebar. If you discover the Adobe Acrobat’s last documents, pick out and get rid of them.App Cleaner & Uninstaller displaying last filesAs you may see, with App Cleaner & Uninstaller you may absolutely uninstall programs and delete all unneeded leftover documents with out losing a while looking for all the ones small documents which can be located throughout your drive.