There is nothing more relaxing than going on a road trip with your friends and family. If you are also planning to have an enjoyable and quick trip from Hyderabad To Srisailam, then book a cab service in Hyderabad and get going.
Located in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, Srisailam is widely known for its religious significance and eco-tourism. The town is well connected with the city of Hyderabad.
The vibrant city of Srisailam is famous for its holy temple, Mallikarjuna Swamy, one of the 12 revered Jyotirlingas in the country and attracts thousands of tourists every day. Also, the Akkamahadevi Caves, nestled in the Nallamala hills, is an important spiritual destination.
Places to visit
Not only the town, but the journey to the holy city also has a lot to offer. Hiring Hyderabad- Srisailam cabs is one of the best ways to relish the journey. Here are some places that you can enjoy on your way and at Srisailam.
- Nallamala Hills – What could be better than kickstarting your journey with some adventure? And Nallamala Hills are the perfect destination. The hills are surrounded by lush green forests with picturesque locations, the desired destination for photography lovers and an adventurous spot for trekkers. The family can enjoy activities like rock climbing and mountaineering.
For a much more hardcore adventure, experience the exotic flora and fauna of the nallamala forest reserve.
- Srisailam Dam – This place is one of the main tourist spots. The dam is also one of the major hydroelectric projects in India and attracts tourists because of its super scenic view. A perfect combination of natural beauty and an engineering Marvel, the dam is built across the river Krishna. The burbling flow of water and the astonishing view make this reservoir a must-visit place for you.
- Mallikarjun Temple- Also known as Sri Bhramaramb Mallikarjuna, the holy shrine is situated on the enchanting Nallamala hills, dedicated to Lord Shiva. One of the 12 jyotirlingas and also a Shaktipeeth, the temple is visited by thousands of devotees every day. The calming flow of the river Krishna on the right side of the temple adds to the divine spiritual experience.
- Akka Mahadevi Caves – These naturally formed caves are just 10 km from the Mallikarjun temple. The best way to reach the caves is by motorboat from Pathala Ganga. The caves are named after the famous ascetic Akka Mahadevi of 12 th century from Karnataka. The caves are surrounded by breathtaking views of nature, this geological wonder is a popular ecotourism destination.
- Pathala Ganga – Another major tourist near the holy shrine Sri Mallikarjuna temple is the mesmerising and sacred Pathala Ganga. This spot is revered as a sacred place for devotees. A dip in the backwaters of River Krishna is believed to be holy and of great spiritual significance.
- Chenchu Laxmi Tribal Museum – After enjoying the divine experiences, the next fascinating thing to explore is this wonderful museum. The museum showcases the culture and lifestyles of the tribes of Andhra Pradesh.
With all these amazing tourist destinations and holy shrines, Srisailam will surely give you a refreshing experience. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and get ready to enjoy the finest and most relaxing trip with your dear ones.